Wednesday, July 29, 2015

On my way to Country Jo's Junction

I'm so excited! I made it to IOWA home of Jo's Country Junction Retreat! It will be four days of quilting and friends and I CAN'T WAIT!!  
I left the Dallas area at 5:30 AM, which for those of you who know me well, know that an early rise is NOT part of my daily routine.  In any case, 10 hours later I was welcomed to the Fields of Opportunities; opportunities to meet Jo and Kelli of Jo's Country Junction, hang out with friend and mentor Bonnie Hunter and see fellow Bonniacs that I have met over the last few years. 



I had to drive the last 2 hours in torrential downpours with thunder so loud and lightning so close I could have opened my window and touched it...if I had a death wish.  Fortunately, I made it safe and sound and since  I'm here a day early, I'll have lots of time to explore the area of Cedar Rapids before heading down the road to Olewien, IA.  

Maybe I'll find an antique store or two.  Stay tuned, I'll keep you posted!


Piece and Joy!
Irene

No comments:

Post a Comment